Sunday, January 31, 2016

A few pics of the verm job as it all comes together...

I sanded off the old Teak/Holly plywood which was only 1/8" thick.  I glued the ply to a 3/8" sheet of marine plywood.


Once the vermiculite was removed, I cut templates out of cardboard then made plywood stretchers to support my new floor.  

 These stretchers were cut out of 3/8" marine plywood and fiber-glassed in place.
 The new floor fit like a glove and I think it looks pretty good with it's new teak oil finish.  You can see that I started filling the sump with resin.  This is a slow process of poring in a little and letting it harden (and cool) then adding a little more.
 I weighed all of the Vermiculite that was removed and it was just under 200#.  This doesn't include the water that it was holding.  I can assume that the boat is much dryer and lighter now although I added 5 gallons of resin.

  Before After


No comments:

Post a Comment